As the new academic year begins, Discovery Education — the worldwide edtech leader whose state-of-the-art digital platform supports learning wherever it takes place — today unveiled a host of enhancements to its award-winning digital learning services. The new features and content will support primary school teachers’ efforts to ignite the curiosity of every child this Autumn.
Curiosity is the instinct to explore and make sense of the world around us, and all children have a natural drive to investigate wonders, unlock mysteries and reimagine the future. New updates to Discovery Education’s flagship Espresso platform will help teachers tap into pupils’ enthusiasm and maximise their innate inquisitiveness in every lesson.
Espresso’s back-to-school updates include:
New digital resources to inspire curiosity
- ‘Have You Ever Wondered?’ – an exciting new collection of videos inspiring pupils to explore geography, history, the natural world and computer science
- ‘Grime Tables’ – engaging maths resources supporting the memorisation of times tables through contemporary music
- Geographical Skills and Fieldwork – new videos and teacher guides aligned to KS1 and 2 objectives
- A series of new ready-to-use lessons – starting with Spelling and Grammar, to help pupils explore literacy and have fun
New time-saving teacher experience and interface
- Espresso’splatform is easier to navigate than ever, with a new intuitive interface – helping teachers quickly find the right piece of engaging content for the right instructional moment
- New ‘trending search’ area highlighting what’s popular right now among educators – helping teachers stay ahead of the curve and keep pupils engaged
Discovery Education’s award-winning DoodleLearning apps have also unveiled new enhancements including:
Even better engagement
- New concept explanations that make it easier for children to engage with new topics – and for teachers to ignite their curiosity
- Pupils can ‘claim back’ a progression streak if they miss a few days, keeping them motivated and switched on to learning
Improved teacher oversight
- New, interactive landing page gives an instant overview of class progress and activity, helping teachers to personalise learning
- Enhanced ‘Baseline Assessment’ area allows teachers to see where pupils are – and where they need to get to
- In-depth ‘Effort Analysis’ page shows what pupils have been working on, enabling teachers to meet their unique needs
Together, Discovery Education’s enhancements and updates will save teachers time, while driving engagement and igniting curiosity.
“When children enter the classroom, they bring their natural curiosity with them”, said Howard Lewis, Discovery Education’s UK and International Managing Director. “It’s important that we give teachers everything they need to spark children’s interest in the world around them and ignite their natural curiosity in all subjects. Our new digital content and resources will give teachers new strategies and tools to bring learning alive in every Key Stage.”
Explore Discovery Education’s award-winning digital learning services at www.discoveryeducation.co.uk.
Discover DoodleLearning’s innovative Maths and English apps at www.doodlelearning.com .