This is a call to action. Primary School Teachers – sign up to our new training and gain the skills and confidence to lead change-making environmental education in your classroom. Let’s inspire a new generation of Ocean Activists.
How? Simply make sure you are signed up to our Plastic Free Schools Programme where you will receive the link to save your place.
Who is Surfers Against Sewage?
Surfers Against Sewage is a charity of water lovers campaigning to protect the ocean and all it makes possible, by taking action on the ground that triggers change from the top.
Find out more about Surfers Against Sewage here.
What is Plastic Free Schools?
Plastic Free Schools is a system shaking, change making, pupil-led education programme. This ground-breaking programme equips and empowers young activists with the tools to create positive, lasting environmental change and teaches pupils that they should never underestimate the power of their voice.
Pupils will learn how to run their own campaign in the fight against single-use plastic; from challenging government and industry to creating tangible change in their schools and forming sustainable habits that will continue into adulthood.
Most importantly, Plastic Free Schools is free and easy to sign up to. Simply click here.
Want to find out more? Click here.
Why is this programme so important?
We know that in order to thrive as people, we need a thriving ocean. By signing up to this programme, you are taking direct action to address the ocean and climate crisis. With millions of young activists on board, we can end plastic pollution on our beaches by 2030.
When and where is the Teacher Training?
Wednesday 12th October – 16:30-18:00
Tuesday 1st November – 16:30-18:00
The sessions will take place online.
Why sign up to our new Teacher Training?
In these sessions, you will deep dive into what Plastic Free Schools is all about. You will further your knowledge, understanding and skill set needed to successfully deliver the programme and continue to fuel environmental action in your primary school and beyond.
What will the two sessions involve?
Session One: Wednesday 12th October 16:30-18:00
- How to become accredited – the five objectives of PFS Primary.
- From the classroom – talks from teachers on their PFS journey.
- What are the challenges to accreditation? How do we overcome these? Small group discussion to generate and share new ideas to take back to your school.
Session Two: Tuesday 1st November 16:30-18:00
- How to get your school onboard – tips and tricks from the teachers who have succeeded at this.
- The PFS resource library – a digital scavenger hunt to explore the resources that have been created to help you on your PFS journey.
- Launching the PFS online community – VIP access to the new online community – connecting teachers across the Plastic Free Schools network to each other, and to the SAS team.
How to save your place:
This training is exclusively for primary school teachers who are signed up to our Plastic Free Schools programme. If you’re not already set up, don’t panic! You can easily and quickly register your school here. (Did we mention it’s completely free?).
If you’re already onboard, you’ll find a notice with the link and event password at the top of your dashboard. Log in here.
Any questions? We’d love to hear from you. Get in touch at email@example.com