A new awards scheme to recognise the achievements of Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) finance leaders, teams and wider Trust champions has been launched by IMP Software, specialists in MAT budgeting and financial management.
The inaugural MAT-Finance Awards is a unique platform for MAT finance professionals to celebrate their hard work, share best practice and showcase their impact. Nominations for The MAT-Finance Awards 2021 are now open and there are six categories available to enter before the 26th November 2021 closing date.
An expert judging panel – comprising Confederation of School Trusts CEO Leora Cruddas, Institute of School Business Leadership (ISBL) CEO Stephen Morales, Dartmoor MAT CEO Dan Morrow, L.E.A.D Academy Trust Deputy CEO Bobby Thandi, Bishop Fleming Audit Partner and Head of Education Pam Tuckett, and IMP Software Co-Founder Will Jordan – will draw up a shortlist for each award. The winners will be announced on 15th December 2021.
The categories are:
MAT-Finance Leader of the Year
To recognise outstanding CFOs, or equivalent, in a MAT for their leadership and management of MAT finances. To be nominated by MAT CEOs, Trustees/governors with strategic oversight/responsibility for finance, or MAT finance team members.
MAT-Finance Team of the Year
To recognise exceptional MAT finance teams, large or small, who go above and beyond in ensuring the smooth running and effective operations of MAT finance. Teams to be nominated by MAT CFOs or equivalent, CEOs, or Trustees/governors with strategic oversight/responsibility for finance.
MAT-Finance Champion of the Year
To recognise inspirational MAT leaders – CEOs and Trustees/governors – who at a strategic level champion innovative practice around MAT finance and/or who motivate and inspire the core team to achieve success through effective leadership. To be nominated by MAT CFOs or equivalent, or MAT finance team members.
MAT-Finance Rising Star of the Year
To recognise younger MAT finance team members, aged 30 or under (as of 31/8/21), who have demonstrated excellence in their role. To be nominated by MAT CFOs or equivalent, MAT finance team members, CEOs or Trustees/governors with strategic oversight/responsibility for finance.
MAT-Finance Project of the Year
To recognise innovative MAT finance projects which have had a direct impact on the financial operations of the Trust. To be nominated by MAT CFOs or equivalent, MAT finance team members, CEOs or Trustees/governors with strategic oversight/responsibility for finance.
MAT-Finance Education or Community Impact of the Year
To recognise innovative MAT finance projects which have had a wider impact on education or the wider community. This could be a Covid-19 project or something they did that went above and beyond expectations. To be nominated by MAT CFOs or equivalent, MAT finance team members, CEOs or Trustees/governors with strategic oversight/responsibility for finance.
Will Jordan, IMP Software Co-Founder, said: “We are absolutely delighted to launch The MAT-Finance Awards which we hope will go on to become a much-anticipated permanent fixture in the education events calendar. There is a gap for MAT finance professionals to be recognised and rewarded through such an awards scheme. We are looking for the unsung heroes, as well as leading lights, to come forward with their nominations for our six award categories. IMP Software will also present an Outstanding Contribution to MAT-Finance award, with the individual recipient to be decided by our panel of expert judges.”
Key points to note:
- The MAT-Finance Awards 2021 relate to achievements made during the 2020-21 academic year. Entries based on projects or initiatives that began earlier are acceptable as long as the key achievements took place during 2020-21.
- All you need to do is select the award you wish to enter on www.matfa.co.uk (you can enter more than more award) and submit the online form with a 500-word response.
- Our judges are especially looking for measurable evidence of benefits/impact and nominations which will be an inspiration for others in the MAT finance profession.
- Winners will receive a commemorative trophy and there will also be recognition for Highly Commended runners-up.
- Winners will also have the opportunity to have their successes promoted through the IMP Software website, social media feeds and wider MAT finance community, as well as dedicated press releases targeting coverage in local, regional and education media.