- Satchel One will offer choice of cost-effective, time-saving apps for school leaders and teachers
- Award-winning edtech provider Satchel has announced the launch of its new bespoke learning platform, Satchel One.
- A cost-effective software solution, Satchel One allows schools to choose from the company’s range of award-winning classroom management and whole-school apps, giving them greater control, saving them time, and reducing their workload – all on one cloud platform.
According to Naimish Gohil, CEO of Satchel, “The Government recently challenged the tech industry to develop innovative “administration processes to reduce the burden of ‘non-teaching’ tasks”. When you consider that 80 percent of teachers have thought about leaving the profession due to the size of their workload, this is clearly a much-needed initiative.”
“There are many solutions on the market to address these needs, but the procurement process involved can only add to the administrative burden,” he continues, “However, while buying a ‘one size fits all’ learning platform from a single provider may be more convenient, it won’t deliver the bespoke experience required to address these needs.
“Satchel One, on the other hand, offers that convenience, while allowing schools to select the apps that will add the most value, and only pay for the ones they use.”
Apps available for use in Satchel One:
- Show My Homework – set homework with an award-wining tool that engages students, involves parents, and save teachers time
- Seating – create seating plans in seconds for effective classroom management
- Timetables – enhances organisation throughout a school with online timetables updated directly from its management information system (MIS)
- Behaviour – use points, badges and reasons for effective behaviour management
- Content – premium teaching resources created by Collins, ready to set as engaging homework tasks
- Attendance – a simple and effective means of tracking student registration online
Commenting on their personal experience with Satchel One, T.Lunn, a teacher at UKs Best Private Pre-prep, Prep & Secondary School for Boys, Haberdashers Aske’s, said: “Haberdashers is an outstanding school, and I think any outstanding school that takes teaching and learning really positively, and thinks hard about the quality of student teaching and learning, needs to use this software.”
Satchel One was unveiled to users of Satchel Apps in September, who were all automatically upgraded to the learning platform.
For more information on Satchel One, and to book a demonstration, please visit https://www.teamsatchel.com.