Multi award winning EdTech provider, GCSEPod, an Access company, has now launched a new FEPod channel to support learners undertaking functional skills qualifications and GCSE resits. Their Further Education package includes GCSE English and Maths (including a targeted resit courses) plus, Functional Skills English and Maths for Entry Level 3, Level 1 and Level 2.
GCSEPod, as part of Access Education, understands that everyone learns differently and that sometimes we need to rethink how we approach subjects to make sure everyone can access the learning and gets the result they need to progress on to the next stage of their life.
The content on FEPod is developed and written with examiners and tutors and is designed to support users at every stage of their learning journey. Bringing together knowledge, skills and assessment, Functional Skills is the complete package to support learners in passing the qualifications they are studying for. Through diagnostic assessments FEPod evaluates the level of the learner’s current knowledge and then creates an individual learning plan, highlighting weak spots and areas of strength.
Short videos, written by Functional Skills tutors and examiners, include worked examples and real-life application of skills. Our Check and Challenge function provides opportunities for learners to test themselves and exam-style assignments allow for assessment practice. Evidence of learner attainment and engagement is easily tracked at a group and individual level in addition to effortless reporting and sharing of information.
More information on GCSEPod, an Access Company:
- Founded in 2006.
- In 2021 GCSEPod was awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the category of International Development.
- GCSEPod has received the BETT award for Secondary Content three times, in 2015, 2018 and 2021
- GCSEPod provides access to over 1 million students across over 40 countries.
- Over 1,700 schools have used GCSEPod across the world. GCSEPod is a member of the Council of British International Schools (COBIS) and British Schools in the Middle East (BSME).
- To date, GCSEPod has been used by 430,000 secondary school students and 67,000 teachers across the United Kingdom and more than 1,700 schools using GCSEPod around the world.
- GCSEPod provides content for GCSEs and IGCSEs, all GCSEPod content is rigorously quality assured and is relevant to the 8 main exam boards covered in the UK (5) and Internationally (3).
- On average, pupils who regularly use GCSEPod achieve 0.7 more Progress 8 points than non-users.
- GCSEPod are official sponsors of the Race Equality in Education All Party Parliamentary Group