New Cloud-Managed Wi-Fi Network Delivers Reliable Wi-Fi 6 Connectivity and a Powerful User Experience
Extreme Networks, a cloud-driven networking company, in partnership with NETprotocol, has deployed ExtremeCloud™ IQ at Harrogate Grammar School to support its progressive 1:1 education approach. Based in North Yorkshire, Harrogate Grammar School is a non-selective school of 2,000 pupils that is part of the Red Kite Learning Trust, a group of 13 schools on a mission to offer students the best learning experience possible.
“Providing a 1:1 learning environment, inclusive to all, that helps maximise student potential is integral to what we do. We need a constant and reliable network connection to provide continuous access to education resources,” explains Iain Hails, Network Services Manager, Harrogate Grammar School.
To help Harrogate Grammar School realise their connected classroom aspirations, NETprotocol and Extreme Networks joined forces to deploy ExtremeWireless high-density Wi-Fi 6 access points and ExtremeCloud IQ, an advanced cloud management platform, and offer an end-to-end network management and operations solution.
In addition to implementing ExtremeCloud IQ, access points were added into classrooms to offer reliable connectivity for the 30+ devices in each room and to enhance coverage and minimise cross-channel interference with other rooms. The scalability, security and simplicity offered by this solution has further helped futureproof the school’s infrastructure to power a new connected and interactive learning experience for students and staff today, meeting the educational technology needs of tomorrow.
The benefits of the solution deployed by Extreme Networks include:
- Enhanced connectivity for all users: the solution provided by Extreme Networks has enabled staff, students and guests to operate more than 2,500 devices throughout the school at any given time. It provides a reliable and scalable network structure capable of catering for any future growth in the number of devices.
- Provides Full Control and Visibility to IT staff: the cloud-driven network technology has provided the IT team with a secure and centralised network management solution. It enables the team to move access points and routers without any disruption to network connectivity.
- Eliminates Network Access Issues and Delays: with the deployment of the new network students and staff are able to access any given resource without delay anywhere on the site and at any time.
“Harrogate Grammar School is an educational institution striving to provide the best teaching experience possible for its students. By placing the emphasis on technology to better connect and educate, they are advancing their teaching initiatives and placing student experience first. To achieve this 1:1 learning, in partnership with NETprotocol, we have built a robust, reliable, and resilient networking infrastructure to effortlessly meet the needs of staff, students and its visitors,” adds Dahwood Ahmed, Senior Country Manager UK&I, Extreme Networks. “We are proud to support the Red Kite Learning Trust in implementing this same advanced solution across its other schools. The flexibility that our cloud-based approach provides will ensure that the students of today can enjoy the learning experience of tomorrow.”
Harrogate Grammar School’s mission to provide a connected and technology-focused learning environment has been realised through the adoption of ExtremeCloud IQ. It delivers 1:1 learning for students without networking limitations and has optimised staff productivity.
- Harrogate Case Study
- Extreme solutions for education
- ExtremeCloud™ IQ Solutions Page
- ExtremeWireless™ AP 305C/CX Products Page
- ExtremeWireless™ AP510C/CX Products Page
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram
About Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme’s website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Extreme Networks, ExtremeCloud, and the Extreme Networks logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other trademarks shown herein are the property of their respective owners.